Gwen Hammond's Upper Echelon

I am Gwen Hammond, scarf designer, CEO, and founder of the Chatillon-sur-Glane Leisure Group. If you'd like a full colour catalogue of my fashions, please send an email.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Really Have an Eye for the Good Ones

I hire the best people.

Here is a snapshot (image on left) of one of my guest workers, Miguel, performing a dazzling tenor rendition of Wagner's aria, Parsifal, at the NAAWP gala in St. Moritz. I flew him in from one of my summer homes that he and his family watch when I am abroad, and he agreed only after 20 minutes of his protestations (apparently his wife is pregnant with their third child and is about to pop – which, incidentally, I do not believe) and my placating him by promising spa treatments and a gift certificate to El Chorizo. Let it suffice to say that his emotions and ability, whether fabricated or sincere, certainly bled through the performance as though they were real. His little fish bowl tip jar was filled to the brim by the end of the evening!

Bravissimo, Miguel! I'm looking forward to seeing what your wife does with my rose garden. See you in a few months!

More to come,

Gwen Hammond
NAAWP - Women's Auxiliary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home